The weather is getting colder, which means everyone will soon be catching the cold and flu cooties! These homemade vapor shower disks are great to clear up that annoying nasal congestion. They are super easy to make and affordable. Why spend so much on the Vicks brand when you will literally be washing it down the drain? Try these out instead and get closer to feeling better!
-Large Mixing Bowl
-Essential Oils (Eucalyptus, Rosemary, or Lavender)
1. Add 2-3 cups of baking soda to a large mixing bowl
2. Slowly add water and stir until the mixture becomes a thick paste
3. Add about 15 drops of each essential oil you prefer to use. (Eucalyptus is recommended)
4. Place a muffin wrapper in each of the holes on the muffin tin
4. Spoon the mixture into muffin wrappers and let sit out for 12-18 hours, or place in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. If you bake them, put a few more drops of essential oils on the disks after removing them from the oven.
5. When ready to use, remove the muffin wrapper and place anywhere on the floor in your shower. The steam and essential oils will help relieve your stuffy nose!
These work great for cold and flu season! It is a frugal way to feel better, and they can be used by all ages. To store, place in a brown paper bag and keep in a cool, dry place. It is not recommended to for bathtub use because the high level of essential oils can dry out or irritate the skin.