Football is back! Impress your man and his pals with these delicious appetizers for the game.
1. Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Avocado Bleu Cheese Dip
Ingredients (makes 16 poppers)
- 4oz cream cheese, softened (can use regular, whipped, 1/3 less fat, etc.)
- 3 teaspoons ranch dip mix, divided
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1, 8-count tube reduced fat crescent rolls
For the Avocado Bleu Cheese Dip
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll package directions. Mix together cream cheese and 2 teaspoons ranch dip mix in a small bowl. Season chicken with remaining teaspoon ranch dip mix, and cook in a non-stick sprayed skillet. Toss with buffalo wing sauce, and set aside to cool.
- Lay crescent rolls out flat, and cut each triangle in half with a pizza cutter. Gently flatten each triangle, and place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mix in the center. Top with a spoonful of chicken. Bring all three sides of the crescent roll triangle to the top, then pinch all three seams to seal. Place on a baking sheet, and bake according to crescent roll package directions.
For the Avocado Bleu Cheese Dressing:
- While the poppers are baking, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in bleu cheese dressing, and serve with poppers
2. Chicken Quesadilla Pinwheels
- 4 10-12 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a flour tortilla, heat it until it is blistered on one side, then turn it over.
- Scatter 1/2 cup of the cheese on top and cook for 1 minute. Remove to a cutting board.
- Top the tortilla with 1/4 cup of the salsa, spreading it gently to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Top with 1/2 cup shredded chicken, then roll the tortilla into a log. Let it stand for a minute before cutting into 1/2-inch slices.
- Make 3 more quesadillas with the remaining ingredients and arrange the pinwheels on a platter.
3. Peanut Butter Football Dip
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (your choice; crunchy or smooth)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- White chocolate or frosting for the football lace
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. (If you want a stiffer mixture, add the extra ½ cup of powdered sugar.) Mix in chocolate chips.
- Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a football shape. (This would also be cute as “lips” for Valentine’s Day!)
- Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!) Cover in sprinkles or chocolate chips, pressing them into the surface a little so they stick. Pipe on the laces using melted white chocolate or some leftover frosting and chill until ready to serve.
- Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon.