Although they should be the ones bringing us breakfast in bed, occasionally it does feel nice to spoil our men! These quick and easy ideas are sure to get him up and going in the morning.
1. Bacon, Egg, And Cheese Ring
5 large eggs; scrambled
1 cup of shredded Colby and Monterrey jack cheese
8 slices of cooked bacon
on a parchment lined pizza pan in a star formation (the longer sides of each crescent on the inside with the pointed ends pointing out.)
2. Overnight Peaches-and-Cream French Toast
1 8oz. loaf French bread, sliced
8 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 15oz. cans sliced peaches packed in juice, drained
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Arrange peaches on top and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
3. Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
3. Breakfast Pizza
1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
6 strips bacon
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 cups grated mozzarella
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons minced chives
olive oil, for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 500F or follow package instruction.
2. Fry bacon strips over medium-high heat until crisp. Cool on a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble. Set aside.
3. Dust your baking sheet with cornmeal and stretch dough to fit. Sprinkle with Parmesan, mozzarella, and bacon. Crack eggs over top and season and season with salt and pepper. Brush the exposed crust with olive oil.
4. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle chives over top.
4. Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
1/2 lb Mexican chorizo
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
3 bell peppers, tops cut and seeded
salt and pepper to taste
1.Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2.Cook chorizo in a large skillet until it starts to brown.
3.Add onion and garlic and mix very well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4.In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
5.Add chorizo to the bowl and mix well.
6.Pour mixture in the bell peppers and place them in a shallow baking dish.
7.Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
5. Potato Bacon Breakfast Casserole
4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (12 fl. oz.) * NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1. PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
2. LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
3. BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.