Looking back at the lessons our mothers taught us and the experiences we’ve had, we have compiled a list of 10 tips that we wish we would have learned by age 20. Luckily, it’s never too late to gain the essentials in life!
1. Read as much as you can. Shut off the technology and open up a book because sometimes a good book can change your life!
2. Learn to cook. Not only is cooking food from home usually a healthier alternative to eating out, it will also save you money in the long run.
3. Lose the shy act. It’s time to find your inner voice and gain confidence for the world to see; this will boost your self esteem.
4. Stay connected. Learn about your friends and peers and become genuinely interested in their well-being. Dig below the surface!
5. Stay healthy and workout. You don’t have to run 10 miles a day, but hit the gym and feel the endorphins kick in – it gets harder with age.
6. It’s important to get a good night sleep. Lacking an adequate amount of sleep effects your entire body and overall performance. When you wake up lather on the sunscreen – it will help aging your skin!!
9. You deserve to be happy. Do not stay in a relationship that isn’t working. Do not fear being alone; independence can be liberating – there is always more fish in the sea – believe me – the right one will come along – don’t settle.
We hope that all of your passions come to life and hope that these 10 tips guide you in the right direction.