There’s so much fun and excitement surrounding the big day, but how do you keep the love flame burning? After the honeymoon stage, most couples get caught up in work, kids, and day-to-day activities. We brainstormed a few ideas with some happily married friends and we hope these help you in your marriage!
1. Write a note to your husband/wife and hide it somewhere in the house. Your significant other has to find it and then write a note back to you. The note doesn’t have to be long, but it’s just a nice way to share something in a different and unique way. It’s fun when you find the note and hide yours – an adult Easter Egg hunt!
2. An idea we found on a blog at todaysletters.com was about having a love box. Every time you and your spouse make love, you would put a dollar in a metal box. The money would go towards your 50th wedding anniversary… they advised not to keep track of the money but to wait and see!
3. Text or e-mail your spouse once or twice a day with a short and sweet message. It doesn’t need to be elaborate, but just a little something to let them know you’re thinking about them. Dirty can be fun too!
4. If you have children that doesn’t mean you need to stop the romantic gestures. If you’re on a date you can still hold hands and kiss one another before work and before bed. Obviously your priorities may change slightly, but it’s important to remember the little things in a relationship!
5. Give one another his/her time. Don’t put off your hobbies or quality time with your friends! Sometimes the ability to just relax and have some freedom in your schedule is all you need to fix a sour mood.