Every Mom needs to decompress … here are some great cocktail ideas for Mom. Maybe you can treat her to a fun dinner and make her a signature drink with her name as the basis for the drink name.
Champagne Punch aka Mama’s Gonna Knock You Out
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 3/4 cups champagne
- Raspberries, apples, or other seasonal fruit
The Stork Club
Named for the legendary New York City nightclub at which it was first created.
- 1.5 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
- .5 oz. Orange Liqueur
- .25 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a cocktail glass, flame the orange peel over the glass, and drop it into the drink. BAM!! – Primer Magazine
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 (12-oz.) bottles beer (not dark), chilled
- 3/4 cup vodka, chilled
- Garnishes: fresh cranberries, citrus slices $
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Mommy’s Pink Grapefruit
- 1 (20-ounce) can lychees in syrup, undrained
- Crushed ice
- 1 cup unsweetened pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 5 pink grapefruit sections
- Drain lychees in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1 cup syrup. Discard remaining liquid. Drop 1 lychee in the bottom of each of 5 glasses; fill each glass halfway with crushed ice. Reserve remaining lychees for another use.
- Combine reserved 1 cup lychee syrup, juice, and vodka in a large martini shaker filled halfway with ice; shake until well chilled. Strain 1/2 cup syrup mixture into each prepared glass; garnish each serving with 1 grapefruit section. Serve immediately.