We are always looking for the quick fitness fix come New Year’s resolution time. We want to whittle the waistline in the least amount of time and burn those holiday cookies off. Well here are some great quick fixes come the New Year to blast through those extra pounds to get you in Spring shape!!
JOIN A FITNESS BOOTCAMP
I am a major advocate of bootcamps because they are a surefire way to get you down a size or two. Most bootcamps incorporate intense interval training including heavy cardio mixed in with strength. I did a 16 day bootcamp right before Christmas and lost 5 pounds.
One of the pros about bootcamps is they typically are early in the morning, you may think, well this is a major downfall to the bootcamps, but it’s not and here is why… 1. you get your workout done first thing, no excuses about not being able to make it 2. blasting fat in the morning will have you burning extra calories all day – major bonus!! To find a fitness bootcamp near you type in your browser “find fitness bootcamp” and a good number of them will pop up in your area. Take the plunge and watch yourself drop a dress size in only a couple of weeks!!
COMPLETELY RE-WORK YOUR DIET
This is the biggest one of all, if you are going to slave in the gym the ONLY way you are going to shed pounds fast is by changing up your diet. Here are some tricks I recently learned… do ONLY fat, veggies and proteins after 12PM; that means you want to eat your whole grains or carbohydrates before lunch. The best time to eat carbs is in the morning. I recommend a slice of Ezekiel toast with your morning eggs, it not only has the carbs you need, but it also is high in protein. Not to mention, Ezekiel bread is extremely tasty. Also, consider cutting booze for a few weeks, you will watch the weight drop, booze slows your metabolism because your body has a difficult time processing alcohol. What this means is, if you are drinking you are NOT losing because your body is so focused on metabolizing the alcohol. So to quickly lose weight cut out drinks. And lastly, get your portions under control… here are some portion control references…
- Vegetables or fruit is about the size of your fist.
- Pasta is about the size of one scoop of ice cream.
- Meat, fish, or poultry is the size of a deck of cards or the size of your palm (minus the fingers).
- Snacks such as pretzels and chips is about the size of a cupped handful.
- Apple is the size of a baseball.
- Potato is the size of a computer mouse.
- Bagel is the size of a hockey puck.
- Pancake is the size of a compact disc.
- Steamed rice is the size of a cupcake wrapper.
- Cheese is the size of a pair of dice or the size of your whole thumb