Thanksgiving is JUST around the corner…as in this week!! We all know that pumpkin pie is always a crowd pleaser for dessert, but I found this recipe today and am most definitely going to be making it for Thursday! It instantly caught my eye…aka my taste buds started screaming, plus it looks super simple to make. It will make a nice option for your guests!!
Pumpkin Caramel Monkey Bread
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
4 cans Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 6-cup (9-inch) fluted tube cake pan or angel food (tube) cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In large food-storage plastic bag, mix granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters. Place 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in sugar-spice mixture; shake well. Continue to add more biscuit pieces to sugar-spice mixture until all are completely coated. Place biscuit pieces in pan.
4. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar and pumpkin over medium heat. When mixture begins to boil, cook and stir 1 minute.
5. Pour over biscuits in pan.
6. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm.
Only takes an hour and the delicious taste will last much longer
Happy Thanksgiving!! XO Lauren Melby!!